1.
Mary was a virgin. She was pure and virtuous.
2.
Her Spirit rejoiced in the savior and her soul
magnified the Lord.
3.
She was completely willing and ready to accept
her sacred role.
4.
Obedient
5.
Humble
6.
Faithful
7.
Submissive
8.
Patient
Elder Bruce R McConkie said this about Mary,
“As there is only one Christ, so there is only one Mary. And as the Father
chose the most noble and righteous of all his spirit sons to come into
mortality as his Only Begotten in the flesh, so we may confidently conclude
that he selected the most worthy and spiritually talented of all his spirit
daughters to be the mortal mother of his Eternal Son”
As I learn about Mary and admire her righteousness
I have such a desire to be more like her. She was pure and favored by God. He
chose her to be the mother out of all Women on earth. Something I want to work
on in order to be more like her is to be completely willing and ready to accept
whatever the Lord has in store for me. This is a lot easier said than done in
many cases. I have learned to trust the Lord a lot more in the past few years
as my family has endured severe medical trials and unemployment. Our brains do
not fully comprehend Gods plan for us. He knows the full picture and we just
see what is right in front of us. Times
are hard and we want the Lord to just fix our problems for us and answer our
prayers in the way we want and timing we want. I want to continually trust in
the Lord and accept whatever he has in store for me and my family. I know
trials will come but will faith and trust in the Lord I know I can get through
anything. It is so easy to get distracted by the things of the world and lose
sight of what really matters. I want to work on saying my prayers more often
and more intently. I want to read and diligently study the scriptures daily so
I can feel Christ’s love for me more and be in tune to the spirit. Mary was so
faithful and close to our father in heaven. I want that in my life and in my children’s
life. I have three children and I want nothing more than to be the best mother
I can be to my children. Julie B. Beck stated, “A woman with a mother heart
knows that the influence of righteous, conscientious, persistent, daily
mothering is far more lasting, far more powerful, far more influential than any
earthly position or institution invented by man. She has the vision that, if
worthy, she has the potential to be blessed as Rebekah of old to be ‘the mother
of thousands of millions’."
No comments:
Post a Comment